AeroKat for Cats - Feline Aerosol Chamber
This device should be used only on the recommendation of your veterinarian. Consult with your veterinarian for advice and instructions.
- The AeroKat Feline Aerosol Chamber delivers inhaled medication into your cat's lungs to help them breathe easier.
- The AeroKat Feline Aerosol Chamber is designed for puffer or Metered Dose Inhalers to administer aerosol medications.
Why is the AeroKat Feline Aerosol Chamber used for cats?
- The AeroKat Feline Aerosol Chamber makes administering aerosol medications easier by combining a special chamber and a contoured mask that work together with a prescription "puffer" inhaler.
- The mask fits snuggly over your cat's mouth and nose, and the convenient Flow-vu indicator moves with respiration so you can track the dosage your cat receives.
- The aerosol medication mixes with air in the chamber and helps ensure that your cat will breathe the drug into the lungs instead of swallowing it.
What else should I know about the AeroKat Feline Aerosol Chamber?
- AeroKat works with most puffer or Metered Dose Inhalers (MDI).
- AeroKat does not work with dry-powder inhalers.
- The Flow-vu indicator takes the guesswork of dosing.
- AeroKat is easy to clean.
- The chamber comes with two mask sizes to fit any cat.
- It is recommended the AeroKat Chamber be replaced every 12 months. With daily use, medication can deposit on the valves creating a whitish film. This build-up could lead to suboptimal performance over time. To help ensure optimal drug delivery the manufacturer recommends the AeroKat chamber be replaced annually.
What problems could my cat have with the AeroKat Feline Aerosol Chamber?
- With daily use, medication can deposit on the valves creating a whitish film. This build-up could lead to suboptimal performance over time. Make sure that you clean the AeroKat regularly and replace it yearly.
For more information, visit the manufacturer's website: https://www.trudellanimalhealth.com/cats/using-aerokat